10 July 2010

An Affordable Wardrobe in Person: a preview

As I get all my things in order for tomorrow's Menswear Shopping Party at Raspberry Beret, I thought a little teaser might be just the thing:
Summer may be well under way, but it's never too late to pick up a few choice warm weather items to sharpen things up a bit. Plenty of lightweight sports jackets in hopsack, khaki, poplin and plaid to coose from...
... a handful of classically styled dress shirts...

lots of trousers, from khakis and reds, to tropical woll dress slacks, and of course, a little bit of the old "go-to-hell' jobbies. Check out those brown and white gingham checks. Some guy whose smaller than me is so lucky that they don't fit me...


...just like at Top Shelf, I've got a fresh haul of classic neckwear, with a couple of novelties for the more adventurous among you...
Alden, Florsheim and Sperry are just a few of your choices in footwear.

Please pardon this little bit of self promotion, but like they say, if you don't ask you don't get. Stop by with your best gal to shop and chat about clothes. How often can you both do that in the same place, anyway? Afterwards, you can treat yourself to some lunch at Changsho or the Chez Henri. And come early, before the Mimosas run out.
An Affordable Wardrobe
at Raspberry Beret
Sunday 11 July, noon til 3p.m.
1704 Mass. Ave. Cambridge



9 comments:

Percy Chatsworth said...

If you ever want to sell some size 7/7.5 shoes, small men's shirts/large kid's shirts/blazers, get in contact with me! Thrifts in Canada lack a good selection of these, and I can't make it to your shop days in Boston!

Mike said...

To bad! I'd love to come, but it's way too far for a little sunday shopping tour!

Anonymous said...

DUDE YOU NEED TO DO AN ONLINE SHOP PEHAPS QUATERLY WHEN I COULD CLICK ON ITEMS AND PAY VIA PAYPAL YOU ARE LOOSING CUSTOMERS WHO LIVE FARAWY JUST CHATTED TO A FRIEND IN SCOTLAND HE WOULD BUY IN A MINUTE HE SAID IF THE TROUS WERE ON LINE THINK ABOUT IT G GET SERIOUS ABOUT YOU HOBBY AND MAKE IT AN E COMMERCE VENTURE.SERVEY HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BE INTERESTED AND THAKE IT FROM THERE OR BETTER YET THOSE OF YOU INTERESTED IN G'S ONLINE FLEA SEND HIM A NOTE

ackred said...

Looks like great offerings. Love your blog always fun and informative. I look forward to your updates. I with Percy, let me know if you are looking to sell, L shirts and size 11 shoes. Keep up the great job.

PGP

Thomas said...

I'm pretty new to your blog (been following it for a few weeks now) so this might be something you have addressed before, but is there a way to get my hands on your great looking collection without traveling all the way to Massachusetts (I live in Texas)? It's hard to find this sort of a mensware selection around these parts.

Scale Worm said...

Best of luck to you, and thanks for the teaser, too bad I am so far from your party!

Giuseppe said...

Anon.,

One of these days, one of these days...

Keep your eyes peeled.

J. said...

Hope it goes well today. Would love to purchase some bow ties from you. You should post some pics and take orders over email!

Young Fogey said...

Anonymous,

QUIT YELLING.

G,

Looks like a great selection. Hope it went well!