14 May 2011

First(s) of the Season

I'm not one to abide Boston style complaints about the weather. However, two nice sunny days in a row would be a treat right about now. All this rain may be "good for the garden", but I'm more than ready to relegate the Barbour jackets to the back pole of the coat closet by now. In any case, Friday presented us with a good deal of the bright natural light, and I took full advantage of it:

 Pale orange pants in the "Milano" cut by Brooks Brothers, bought on sale for less than $30 back in February, sitting in the closet ever since. Narrow cut through the legs and with a fairly short rise, the "Milano" takes a bit of getting used to, but in the end, I like the color enough to put up with them. Besides, they're a cinch with bare ankles, boat shoes, front steps and a gin & tonic (with lemon, not lime, another seasonal first).
With a chill still in the air, a navy tennis shirt and off white cotton cable knit finish the job. Here's hoping the Atlantic Northeast gets at least a little more comfortable, dry weather before we get the 90 degree humid bear-hug.

4 comments:

The Red Velvet Shoe said...

I'm with you on the need to see the sun...I almost cancelled my visit to "Cocktail Culture" at RISD Friday so I could just be outside but am so pleased I stuck with the plan, it was AMAZING! C&G did a blog post about it. Also with you on the G&T & lemon...see you Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Honestly , Sockless boat shoes can make any outfit look great...
Well done Sir.

Mr Fancy Pants said...

If you want to throw something quintessentially English in there, you need a cricket jumper.
Howzat!

Turling said...

I had the "Milano" cut in brown corduroy. Wore them once. That they take getting used to is a mild understatement.