27 May 2012

Happy Memorial Day

Last weekend at Top Shelf Flea Market I met a man who told me that when he was a soldier overseas in Afghanistan he read my blog everyday....in the dessert wearing camo. The best thing about writing this blog and doing what I do has been the people I have met because of it, but nothing has ever humbled me quite like that.

Enjoy your families, but take a moment to be humble and remember why it is we all have a three day weekend to drink beer and eat hot dogs in the back yard.

p.s. the minute man tie is not for sale, but plenty of new Spring and Summer ties are up in the Shop. Enjoy 15% off your entire order using discount code MEMORIAL2012 at checkout now through midnight May 28.

2 comments:

LLP said...

See, you make a difference! And much more than some guy on the wrong side of history with his latent racism or ethnocentric quest for the past that really wasn't so great... A lot of us enjoy your blog even if we don't get to it but once a week because you're own code with the future.

JKG said...

Hope he didn't get his camo all sticky, sitting out there in the dessert. (Imagine here that winking emoticon.)