07 November 2012

Winter Welcome

Boston saw her first real snow fall today, and I for one welcome it with open arms. Of course, nearly every conversation I had was peppered with complaints, as complaining about the weather, no matter what it may be, is something of a New England pastime. I think we've gotten too soft around here with our recent mild Winters, and I remember when I was a child that snow began to fall in November and didn't stop until April. I view today's weather as a reassuring sign that perhaps mankind has yet to ruin everything. Besides, when you have cold weather, you get to wear tweed.
Tattersall check cotton flannel shirt by Polo, $5.49, old vintage no name wool sweater, $3.99, pretentious ascot, $1.99, vintage English balmaccan coat, $7.99

Blue pencil stripe oxford button down with unlined collar by Lands' End, $5.49, vintage 1970s Rooster "Heatherknit" tie in wool/mohair blend, $1.99, Andover Shop tweed jacket, $8.99

Vintage English tweed jacket, coming soon to the AAW shop, wool challis tie by Polo, coming soon to AAW shop

How can you complain about a little snow when the clothes are this good?

8 comments:

Main Line Sportsman said...

Must have that tie...hunter & dog...excellent!

Grey Fox said...

I love that tie and the many clothes you feature here. Much of it seems very British in style and if you weren't so far from London I'd be visiting!

Grey Fox
A middle-aged man in search of style

Cody V said...

It's always a good day when I can break out the Woolrich white/red/yellow/black blanket coat with ridiculous 70s lapel. After last years warm winter I'm ready for some freezing weather!

David M. said...

Okay, I'll give you last year as a mild winter, but two years ago we got buried. I was shoveling in my bespoke snow suit.

Raf said...

Only thing that matters is the pretentious ascot.

Anonymous said...

Please please please lose the silly ascot.

Jacob L said...

Any chance you might be willing to pre-sell that tie? I'm really diggin' it....

Anonymous said...

Love the blast of colors, winter is the best for dress!