10 June 2013

G.U.O.L. Pants

Adventure Time with Finn and Jake - 411a - Who Would Win [kyussone] from Peaceful Pandemonium on Vimeo.


9:04
Finn: Don't you always call sweatpants give-up-on-life pants, Jake?

Jake: I do, because peeps need to respect themselves when they leave the house, even if it's just for ice cream or t.p. or whatevs."

Not only does this prove that I'm not the only person with a deep aversion to sweatpants, but it actually serves as a sartorial excuse to feature "Adventure Time" on this blog.

Many of you might find it ridiculous for a grown man to watch a cartoon. Others may just find Adventure Time not to your taste. From an artistic perspective, I find it to be funny, well written, and surprisingly deep. A good balance of juvenile humor and psycho-drama.



6 comments:

David M. said...

My wife and will watch Adventure Time once in a while if nothing is on, we'll also watch Regular Show.

Anonymous said...

A Great show! Glad you are a fan.

Anonymous said...

Aside from Spongebob, it is the only sow my kids like that I also enjoy. I also really liked "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" when it was on. I can't get into "Regular Show".

Joe said...

How can you not find Ice King and Marcelline to be the most fascinating characters in pop culture today? Impossible.

Anonymous said...

Totally! When you start to learn about Ice King's sad story ... oh, man.

asfgwsargbwsrtgbn said...

You're not the only one who hates sweatpants. I covered my distaste of them in detail a few years ago here: http://www.bloggingwithclass.com/how-to-be-classy/sweatpants/

I'm not font of the art style in that video, but I thought it was witty. I enjoy Futurama and South Park (the latter gets to crass for me sometimes, but it's pretty witty).