17 July 2013

The Jams


I don't want to be an old fart, but I know when I'm not hip, or however they call that these days. Still, I like to have at least a vague idea of what the kids are into. But, whenever something is a "thing", and too popular, I am loathe to admit its value. Now that its a few Summer's old, I think I can safely admit that "Electric Feel" by MGMT is a full blown jam, what we used to call a "sex jam" or a "soaker" in the day. When its so hot you can't help but reek of human, these kind of songs are the Jam.

5 comments:

randall said...

"But, whenever something is a "thing", and too popular, I am loathe to admit its value."

I'll second that sentiment, but it has left me in some awkward positions sometimes when I'm sitting talking to someone and I'm expounding on how great "The Chronic" or "Abbey Road" is and the person I'm talking to is like..."um...yeah...where have you been?" At least I'll own it.

Anonymous said...

G,
I like it when people take the best of the new and mix it with the best of the old. That is what cool is all about.
Thanks for a great blog. I take a look at it daily at work to see what is new. Thanks for helping me stick it to the man!
-Bob
St. Louis,

Bryan said...

"Whenever something is a "thing", and too popular, I am loathe to admit its value."

You're clearly more with it than you know. That statement is a decent summation of the hipster movement in general.

Jho78 said...

This is pretty good, but I still prefer "Du Hast" for getting down to business.

Redcoat said...

De gustibus...